The abortion pill is also known as a medical abortion. There are two main types of abortions: medical abortions and surgical abortions. A medical abortion may be commonly called “the abortion pill” but it involves taking two types of abortion pills. These pills will terminate a pregnancy, and are not the same as what is commonly known as the “morning-after pill” or Plan B, which is designed to prevent pregnancy.
The first pill that you will take is mifepristone. The second is misoprostol (also known as Cytotec). The use of the two medications together increase the effectiveness of the abortion, and can reduce the duration of side effects.
Doctor Donam, our international health specialist will help you decide which kind of abortion is best for you. Call or whatsapp on +277344442164 to order your pills or inquiries. We deliver abortion pills to international clients world wide.
How effective is the abortion pill?
The abortion pill is very effective. The effectiveness depends on how far along you are in your pregnancy when you take the medicine.
- For people who are 8 weeks pregnant or less, it works about 94-98 out of 100 times.
- For people who are 8-9 weeks pregnant, it works about 94-96 out of 100 times.
- For people who are 9-10 weeks pregnant, it works about 91-93 out of 100 times. If you’re given an extra dose of medicine, it works about 99 out of 100 times.
- For people who are 10-11 weeks pregnant, it works about 87 out of 100 times. If you’re given an extra dose of medicine, it works about 98 out of 100 times.
How does a medication abortion feel?
For most people, medication abortion feels like having an early miscarriage. You might have:
- lots of cramping and aches in your belly
- very heavy bleeding with large clots (If you don’t have any bleeding within 24 hours after taking the second medicine, misoprostol, call your nurse or doctor.)
- an upset stomach and vomiting (Your doctor or nurse may give you medicine to help with nausea.)
- mild fever (99-100° F) or chills on the day you take the misoprostol
Why do people choose the abortion pill?
Which kind of abortion you choose all depends on your personal preference and situation. With medication abortion, some people like that you don’t need to have a procedure in a doctor’s office. You can have your medication abortion at home or in another comfortable place that you choose. You get to decide who you want to be with during your abortion, or you can go it alone. Because medication abortion is similar to a miscarriage, many people feel like it’s more “natural” and less invasive.
Doctor Donam, our international health specialist will help you decide which kind of abortion is best for you. Call or whatsapp on +277344442164 to order your pills or inquiries. We deliver to international clients world wide.