When women decide they want to have an abortion, they may get to choose between a medical abortion with the abortion pill, and a surgical abortion.
Pros of medical abortion include:
- Medical abortions can occur as early as a woman finds out that she is pregnant.
- There is no anesthesia required.
- It’s less invasive than a surgical abortion.
- Some women feel that it’s more “natural,” like a miscarriage.
- Medical abortions don’t carry the same risks of uterine perforation.
- Abortion pills often cost less than surgical abortions.